Beethoven: Trios for Clarinet, Cello & Piano Éric Le Sage, Paul Meyer & Claudio Bohórquez
- Ludwig van Beethoven (1770 - 1827): Trio for Piano, Clarinet and Cello in B-Flat Major, Op. 11 "Gassenhauer":
- 1I. Allegro con brio09:13
- 2II. Adagio04:58
- 3III. Tema con variazioni06:15
- Trio for Piano, Clarinet and Cello in E-Flat Major, Op. 38 (After Septet Op. 20):
- 4I. Adagio – Allegro con brio09:30
- 5II. Adagio cantabile07:57
- 6III. Tempo di menuetto03:10
- 7IV. Tema con variazioni. Andante06:43
- 8V. Scherzo. Allegro molto e vivace – Trio03:06
- 9VI. Andante con moto, alla marcia – Presto07:20
Info for Beethoven: Trios for Clarinet, Cello & Piano
With this new series entitled Salon de musique , Alpha presents recordings made by artists who have enlivened the Festival of Salon de Provence for some years now: the pianist Eric le Sage, who has made many recordings for Alpha, the clarinetist Paul Meyer etc... with cellist Claudio Bohórquez, they have now put two Beethoven trios on disc.By 1798, the year Ludwig van Beethoven composed his Trio for piano, clarinet and cello op.11, he was already well-known in Vienna as a remarkable improviser and an ambitious young composer.The piece was clearly aimed at the enlightened aristocracy, as well as competent musical amateurs. This did not prevent the critics, though universally positive, from judging the score to be over-complex in places. Dedicated to the Empress Marie-Theresa of Austria, the Septet was published in 1802 by Hofmeister, and on being well-received it was then rearranged for various combinations. Beethoven himself made a version for clarinet, cello and piano, op.38 in E Flat major the one recorded here.
Eric Le Sage, piano
Paul Meyer, clarinet
Claudio Bohórquez, cello
No albums found.
No biography found.
This album contains no booklet.