The Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers - The Complete Recordings Howard Shore
Dear HIGHRESAUDIO Visitor,
due to territorial constraints and also different releases dates in each country you currently can`t purchase this album. We are updating our release dates twice a week. So, please feel free to check from time-to-time, if the album is available for your country.
We suggest, that you bookmark the album and use our Short List function.
Thank you for your understanding and patience.
Yours sincerely, HIGHRESAUDIO
- 2Elven Rope02:18
- 3Lost In Emyn Muil04:14
- 4My Precious02:56
- 5Uglúk's Warriors01:41
- 6The Three Hunters06:12
- 7The Banishment of Éomer03:54
- 8Night Camp02:50
- 9The Plains Of Rohan04:14
- 11The Dead Marshes05:08
- 12"Wraiths On Wings"02:07
- 13Gandalf the White06:47
- 14The Dreams of Trees01:54
- 15The Heir of Númenor06:50
- 18The Court of Meduseld03:10
- 19Théoden King / "The Funeral of Théodred" (feat. Miranda Otto)06:11
- 20The King's Decision02:07
- 21Exodus From Edoras05:42
- 22The Forests Of Ithilien06:37
- 23One of the Dúnedain / "Evenstar" (feat. Isabel Bayrakdarian)07:13
- 24The Wolves of Isengard04:22
- 25Refuge At Helm's Deep04:00
- 26The Voice Of Saruman01:10
- 27Arwen's Fate / "The Grace of the Valar" (feat. Sheila Chandra)03:58
- 28The Story Foretold03:38
- 29Sons Of The Steward06:03
- 30Rock And Pool02:54
- 31Faramir's Good Council02:26
- 32Aragorn's Return02:10
- 33War Is Upon Us03:35
- 34"Where Is The Horse And The Rider?"06:15
- 35The Host Of The Eldar02:50
- 36The Battle Of The Hornburg02:52
- 37The Breach Of The Deeping Wall03:03
- 38The Entmoot Decides02:06
- 39Retreat / "Haldir's Lament" (feat. Elizabeth Fraser)04:40
- 40Master Peregrin's Plan02:31
- 41The Last March of the Ents (feat. Ben Del Maestro)02:31
- 42The Nazgûl Attack02:45
- 43Théoden Rides Forth (feat. Ben Del Maestro)05:48
- 44The Tales That Really Matter12:01
- 45"Long Ways to Go Yet" / "Gollum's Song" (feat. Emiliana Torrini)08:04
Info for The Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers - The Complete Recordings
The Lord of the Rings is one of most successful trilogies in film history. Directed by Peter Jackson and based on the popular J.R.R. Tolkien novel of the same name, The Lord of the Rings earned a total of 17 Academy Awards ®, including three for the music featured in the films. The music from The Lord of the Rings enjoyed wide commercial success and has collectively sold seven million copies.
The music for all three films was composed, orchestrated and conducted by Howard Shore. The music he wrote for The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers was performed by the London Philharmonic Orchestra with contributions from the choirs: the London Voices and the London Oratory School Schola boy's choir. The album was certified gold in the U.S., the U.K. and Canada and won the Grammy Award® for Best Score Soundtrack Album.
The Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers-The Complete Recordings is the second of in a series of three releases that includes The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001) and The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (2003) on color vinyl for the first time. More information on the final release in the series will be available at a later date.
There's probably never been as ambitious a film score as Howard Shore's 10-hour epic for the "Lord of the Rings" series... the music is rich and complex, drawing on a vast range of styles and exotic instruments to evoke J.R.R. Tolkien's world of elves, hobbits and warlocks. But it's more than just background music: Shore uses an elaborate leitmotif technique (where musical themes are associated with specific characters or ideas, and are developed across the entire series) to hold the sprawling tale together. Lush, beautiful and full of intriguing surprises, it's no wonder that it's become one of the most popular film scores ever written.(Stephen Brookes, Washington)
No biography found.
This album contains no booklet.