Teach Me Thy Statutes Oavel Chesnokov, PaTRAM Institute Male Choir & Vladimir Gorbik
- Pavel Chesnokov (1877 - 1944):
- 1All Night Vigil, Op. 9: No. 18, Bless The Lord, O My Soul03:07
- 2Blessed Is the Man, Op. 44 No. 2 (Arr. G. Smirnov for Choir)05:02
- 3Gladsome Light02:46
- 4Lord, Now Lettest Thou Thy Servant Depart03:26
- 5Praise the Name of the Lord03:01
- 6Blessed Art Thou, O Lord07:50
- 7Having Beheld the Resurrection of Christ02:56
- 8Jesus Has Risen from the Tomb, Op. 44 No. 800:57
- 9The Great Doxology, Op. 44 No. 9 (Arr. M. Kotogarov for Choir)09:09
- 10Bless the Lord, O My Soul, Op. 40 No. 103:17
- 11Glory... Only Begotten Son, Op. 9 No. 202:31
- 12The Cherubic Hymn, Op. 37 No. 108:21
- 13A Mercy of Peace and We Hymn Thee, Op. 9 No. 1007:13
- 14It Is Truly Fitting03:23
- 15Salvation Is Created, Op. 25 No. 504:07
Info zu Teach Me Thy Statutes
This album is the first release in a series from the PaTRAM Institute. The music performed on this recording of Orthodox choral music in the Slavonic language was written by famed Russian composer Pavel Chesnokov. Teach Me Thy Statutes is performed by the PaTRAM Institute Male Choir, a highly professional group which is a collaboration of Russian and American singers.
The male choir is considered by many to be the mainstay of traditional chant and Orthodox monasticism. This release was recorded in Russia in July of 2016 in the Apostle and Evangelist John the Theologian Orthodox Church at the Saratov Orthodox Theological Seminary. PaTRAM s objective was to immerse the listener in the beautiful Russian monastic style of singing through its fullness and richness of sonority. Highly-esteemed conductor Maestro Vladimir Gorbik, whose pedigree is from the Moscow Conservatory and as choirmaster of the Holy Trinity-St. Sergius Lavra Representation Choir, skillfully unites strong musicianship with superb diction to a degree that is seldom heard outside of Russia, but which epitomizes the best traditional culture of singing in the Russian Orthodox Church.
“Intensely beautiful singing and sound; quite simply, choral albums don’t come much better than this.” (Dan Morgan, MusicWeb International)
PaTRAM Institute Male Choir
Vladimir Gorbik, conductor
Keine Alben gefunden.
Keine Biografie vorhanden.