All shall be Amen Caritas Chamber Choir & Benedict Preece
Label: Ulysses Arts
Interpret: Caritas Chamber Choir & Benedict Preece
Komponist: Cecilia McDowell (1951), Eric Choate, Benedict Preece, Gabriel Jackson (1962), Sarah Cattley, Phillip Cooke, Neil Wright
Das Album enthält Albumcover
- Gabriel Jackson (b. 1962): A Prayer of St Bernard of Clairvaux:
- 1Jackson: A Prayer of St Bernard of Clairvaux02:29
- Neil Wright: O vos omnes:
- 2Wright: O vos omnes03:18
- Phillip Cooke (b. 1980): Ubi Caritas:
- 3Cooke: Ubi Caritas04:42
- Andrew Smith (b. 1959): Vinea mea electa:
- 4Smith: Vinea mea electa04:21
- Sarah Cattley: Prayer of Richard Rolle:
- 5Cattley: Prayer of Richard Rolle03:20
- My Eyes for Beauty Pine:
- 6Cattley: My Eyes for Beauty Pine02:40
- O Lord, Support Us:
- 7Cattley: O Lord, Support Us03:22
- Eric Choate (b. 1990): Keep watch, dear Lord:
- 8Choate: Keep watch, dear Lord03:33
- Gabriel Jackson: Adoro te devote:
- 9Jackson: Adoro te devote03:31
- Neil Wright: Crux fidelis:
- 10Wright: Crux fidelis04:51
- Benedict Preece, Phillip Cooke: Nunc dimittis:
- 11Preece, Cooke: Nunc dimittis04:20
- Cecilia McDowall (b. 1951): Rise heart; thy Lord is risen:
- 12McDowall: Rise heart; thy Lord is risen04:08
- Neil Wright: Ave Maria:
- 13Wright: Ave Maria04:21
- Benedict Preece: Pange lingua:
- 14Preece: Pange lingua04:23
- Gabriel Jackson: O Salutaris Hostia:
- 15Jackson: O Salutaris Hostia03:18
- Benedict Preece: O Sacrum Convivium:
- 16Preece: O Sacrum Convivium03:58
- Phillip Cooke: Locus iste:
- 17Cooke: Locus iste04:30
- David Conte (b. 1955): By Night when Others Soundly Slept:
- 18Conte: By Night when Others Soundly Slept03:06
- Night Prayer:
- 19Conte: Night Prayer04:37
- Gabriel Jackson: All shall be Amen:
- 20Jackson: All shall be Amen05:56
Info zu All shall be Amen
"All Shall be Amen" is Caritas' sixth album: it presents music by composers including Cecilia McDowell, Eric Choate, Benedict Preece, Gabriel Jackson, Sarah Cattley, Phillip Cooke and Neil Wright, that Caritas has regularly performed and recorded, alongside new exciting collaborations with David Conte and Andrew Smith. The album’s sacred theme is broad, demonstrating an omnium-gatherum of new works, and contemporaneously, championing many fantastic living composers. The majority of its works are world première recordings.
Caritas is a British chamber choir, passionate about raising money for charities through singing, and performing to the highest level both in the UK and throughout Europe. The choir, founded by Benedict Preece, performs music from all periods in around twenty concerts per year around the UK and in France, as well as services in Canterbury Cathedral.
"Caritas Chamber Choir excels, always offering a beautiful choral sound with a wide dynamic palette, and with scrupulous attention to phrasing and articulation. ... This album is a triumph." (Jerónimo Marín, Ritmo, October 2023)
Caritas Chamber Choir
Benedict Preece, director
Caritas Chamber Choir
was founded in 2011 by Benedict Preece, its Music Director. Caritas is the Latin word for charity and the group raises funds for various charities, good causes and churches.
Members are drawn from around East Kent with both professional singers and advanced non-professional singers. The ensemble has become an important part of the cultural landscape of Kent and is renowned for its commitment to contemporary choral works.
Caritas have many international collaborations and have performed in Sweden, Spain, Belgium and the Netherlands. Every year, the choir proudly sings in Lille Cathedral as part of their summer music festival. For three years the choir ran an international choral composition competition and continues to champion new music with Sarah Cattley as the choir’s Associate Composer.
is principally a conductor, passionate about working with both singers and instrumentalists. He maintains a busy schedule as Music Director of Caritas Chamber Choir, East Bridge Chorale and Head of Chapel Music, Keyboard and Organist at The Duke of York’s Royal Military School.
He was Genesis Sixteen Conducting Scholar 2017-2018.
He began his career as a Chorister of Canterbury Cathedral and for many years after as an ad hoc tenor. At Trinity College of Music, London, he specialised in horn and natural horn under tutelage of Roger Montgomery and subsequently with Anthony Halstead. As an organist, Benedict studied with Dr. David Flood and both organ and composition with Neil Wright.
Benedict developed his orchestral conducting with Stephen Portman (a former student of Monteux and Szell) and with Peter Stark. He has recently had conducting engagements with both of Kent’s professional orchestras, Festival Chamber Orchestra and Kent Sinfonia. As the Genesis Sixteen Conducting Scholar, he studied with, amongst others, Eamonn Dougan and Harry Christophers. For ten years he was Music Director of Sandwich Concert Band and has held numerous church music positions.
He has released many recordings to critical acclaim with Caritas Chamber Choir. Ritmo magazine described his conducting: “Preece is very convincing in his direction of the traffic of sound: he always knows which voice to bring out, how to accentuate the beauty of the phrase with appropriate breathing, and how to resolve the frequent dialogue between the different strands with ease.” Benedict is a signed artist with Ulysses Arts, a London-based record label, as both a conductor and organist.
His choral compositions are regularly performed on both sides of the Atlantic and often featured on Caritas Chamber Choir recordings.
He is passionate about contemporary music and is looking forward to bringing more brand new works to audiences around the world with future recording projects.
Dieses Album enthält kein Booklet