Debussy: Suite bergamasque Nikolai Lugansky
Dear HIGHRESAUDIO Visitor,
due to territorial constraints and also different releases dates in each country you currently can`t purchase this album. We are updating our release dates twice a week. So, please feel free to check from time-to-time, if the album is available for your country.
We suggest, that you bookmark the album and use our Short List function.
Thank you for your understanding and patience.
Yours sincerely, HIGHRESAUDIO
- Claude Debussy (1862 - 1918): L'Isle joyeuse, CD. 109:
- 1L'Isle joyeuse, CD. 10906:02
- Deux Arabesques, CD. 74:
- 2Deux Arabesques, CD. 74: I. Andantino con moto04:12
- 3Deux Arabesques, CD. 74: II. Allegretto scherzando03:16
- Suite bergamasque, CD. 82:
- 4Suite bergamasque, CD. 82: I. Prélude. Moderato (tempo rubato)04:00
- 5Suite bergamasque, CD. 82: II. Menuet. Andantino04:01
- 6Suite bergamasque, CD. 82: III. Clair de lune. Andante très expressif05:10
- 7Suite bergamasque, CD. 82: IV. Passepied. Allegretto ma non troppo03:27
- La plus que lente. Valse, CD. 128:
- 8La plus que lente. Valse, CD. 12804:48
- Estampes, CD. 108:
- 9Estampes, CD. 108: III. Jardins sous la pluie. Net et vif03:34
- Images, 2e Série, CD. 120:
- 10Images, 2e Série, CD. 120: I. Cloches à travers les feuilles. Lent04:07
- 11Images, 2e Série, CD. 120: II. Et la lune descend sur le temple qui fut. Lent05:14
- 12Images, 2e Série, CD. 120: III. Poissons d'or. Animé03:59
- Hommage à Haydn, CD. 123:
- 13Hommage à Haydn, CD. 12302:12
Info for Debussy: Suite bergamasque
A century after his death on 25 March 1918, many harmonia mundi artists are eager to pay tribute to Claude Debussy, the magician of melody and timbre, the great ‘colourist’ and father of modern music. After Rachmaninoff’s Preludes, Nikolai Lugansky wanted to present a finely nuanced portrait of this composer so fond of travelling! Whether it ranges over time (Hommage à Haydn) or the most vividly imagined open spaces, this freely composed programme is concerned above all with light and colour, in works we can never tire of.
Nikolai Lugansky, piano
Concerto highlights in Nikolai Lugansky’s 2013/14 season include his debut with the London Symphony Orchestra (Gianandrea Noseda), and returns to the Czech Philharmonic Orchestra (Jiří Bělohlávek), the Philharmonia Orchestra (Pablo Heras-Casado), St Petersburg Philharmonic Orchestra (Yuri Temirkanov) and the Rotterdam Philharmonic Orchestra.
In recital and chamber performances, Lugansky makes his debut at the Berlin Konzerthaus, and performs at the Great Hall of the Moscow Conservatoire and the Great Hall of the St Petersburg Philharmonia, Chicago’s Symphony Center, Paris’ Théâtre des Champs-Elysées and in the International Piano Series at the Queen Elizabeth Hall; his chamber music collaborations include performances with Vadim Repin, Mischa Maisky and Alexander Kniazev.
An acclaimed recording artist, Nikolai Lugansky records exclusively for the Naïve-Ambroisie label. His recording of Prokofiev’s Piano Concerto No.3 and Grieg’s Piano Concerto with the Deutsches-Symphonie Orchester Berlin and Kent Nagano is released in autumn 2013. This release follows on from his first two acclaimed solo recordings - of Liszt and Rachmaninov - for the label; the latter being awarded the “Solo Recording of the Year (20th/21st Century Music)” plaudit at the 2013 Echo Klassik Awards.