Serious Hits...Live! (Remastered) Phil Collins
Dear HIGHRESAUDIO Visitor,
due to territorial constraints and also different releases dates in each country you currently can`t purchase this album. We are updating our release dates twice a week. So, please feel free to check from time-to-time, if the album is available for your country.
We suggest, that you bookmark the album and use our Short List function.
Thank you for your understanding and patience.
Yours sincerely, HIGHRESAUDIO
- 1Something Happened on the Way to Heaven (Live from the Serious Tour 1990) (Remastered)05:01
- 2Against All Odds (Take a Look at Me Now) [Live from the Serious Tour 1990] (Remastered)03:29
- 3Who Said I Would (Live from the Serious Tour 1990) (Remastered)04:27
- 4One More Night (Live from the Serious Tour 1990) (Remastered)05:49
- 5Don't Lose My Number (Live from the Serious Tour 1990) (Remastered)04:44
- 6Do You Remember (Live from the Serious Tour 1990) (Remastered)05:39
- 7Another Day in Paradise (Live from the Serious Tour 1990) (Remastered)05:36
- 8Separate Lives (Live from the Serious Tour 1990) (Remastered)05:17
- 9In the Air Tonight (Live from the Serious Tour 1990) (Remastered)06:33
- 10You Can't Hurry Love (Live from the Serious Tour 1990) (Remastered)02:54
- 11Two Hearts (Live from the Serious Tour 1990) (Remastered)03:07
- 12Sussudio (Live from the Serious Tour 1990) (Remastered)07:15
- 13A Groovy Kind of Love (Live from the Serious Tour 1990) (Remastered)03:28
- 14Easy Lover (Live from the Serious Tour 1990) (Remastered)04:46
- 15Take Me Home (Live from the Serious Tour 1990) (Remastered)08:41
Info for Serious Hits...Live! (Remastered)
Serious Hits…Live! gehört seit der Veröffentlichung im Jahr 1990 zu den erfolgreichsten Live-Alben aller Zeiten. In England erreichte Platz 2 der Charts und hielt sich drei Monate lang in den Top-10. Es wurde dort mit vierfachem Platin ausgezeichnet und verkaufte sich 1,2 Millionen Mal. In Deutschland ist es bis heute eines der meistverkauften Musik-Alben und (neben „Westernhagen Live!“) das meistverkaufte Live-Album! Es katapultierte sich auf Platz 1 der Albumcharts und erreichte Dreifach-Platin. Serious Hits…Live! wurde während der siebenmonatigen Serious, Live! World Tour im Jahr 1990 in unterschiedlichen Arenen und Stadien aufgenommen und präsentiert Performances einiger Welthits von COLLINS, darunter In The Air Tonight, You Can’t Hurry Love, Against All Odds (Take A Look At Me Now), Easy Lover (mit Philip Bailey) und Another Day In Paradise.
Phil Collins, vocals, piano, drums
Leland Sklar, bass
Daryl Stuermer, guitars
Chester Thompson, drums
Brad Cole, keyboards
Bridgette Bryant, vocals
Arnold McCuller, vocals
Fred White, vocals
Don Myrick, alto saxophone
Louis "Lui Lui" Satterfield, trombone
Rahmlee Michael Davis, trumpet
Harry Kim, trumpet
Produced by Phil Collins & Robert Colby
ascent to the status of one of the most successful pop and adult contemporary singers of the '80s and beyond was probably as much of a surprise to him as it was to many others. Balding and diminutive, Collins was almost 30 years old when his first solo single, "In the Air Tonight," became a number two hit in his native U.K. (the song was a Top 20 hit in the U.S.). Between 1984 and 1990, Collins had a string of 13 straight U.S. Top Ten hits.
Long before any of that happened, however, Collins was a child actor/singer who appeared as the Artful Dodger in the London production of Oliver! in 1964. (He also has a cameo in A Hard Day's Night, among other films.) He got his first break in music at the end of his teens, when he was chosen to be a replacement drummer in the British art rock band Genesis in 1970. (Collins maintained a separate jazz career with the band Brand X as well.)
Genesis was fronted by singer Peter Gabriel. They had achieved a moderate level of success in the U.K. and the U.S., with elaborate concept albums, before Gabriel abruptly left in 1974. Genesis auditioned 400 singers without success, then decided to let Collins have a go. The result was a gradual simplifying of Genesis' sound and an increasing focus on Collins' expressive, throaty voice. And Then There Were Three... went gold in 1978, and Duke was even more successful.
Collins made his debut solo album, Face Value, in 1981, which turned out to be a bigger hit than any Genesis album. It concentrated on Collins' voice, often in stark, haunting contexts such as the piano-and-drum dirge "In the Air Tonight," which sounded like something from John Lennon's debut solo album, John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band.
During the '80s, Collins was enormously successful in balancing his continuing solo work with his membership in Genesis. In 1992, Genesis released We Can't Dance and began an extensive tour. Upon its completion Collins released Both Sides in 1993, and the record became his first album not to produce a major hit single or go multi-platinum. In 1995, he announced that he was leaving Genesis permanently. The following year, he released Dance into the Light. Although the album was a flop, its subsequent supporting tour was a success.
The Hits collection followed in 1998, and a year later Collins made his first big-band record, Hot Night in Paris. The song cycle Testify arrived in 2002, and his next studio-recorded solo release was 2010's Going Back, which saw Collins revisiting the Motown hits that so influenced him and featuring three of the surviving Funk Brothers — guitarists Eddie Willis and Ray Monette and bassist Bob Babbitt.
This album contains no booklet.