Rimsky-Korsakov: Le Coq D'Or, Russian Easter Overture London Symphony Orchestra & Antal Doráti
Dear HIGHRESAUDIO Visitor,
due to territorial constraints and also different releases dates in each country you currently can`t purchase this album. We are updating our release dates twice a week. So, please feel free to check from time-to-time, if the album is available for your country.
We suggest, that you bookmark the album and use our Short List function.
Thank you for your understanding and patience.
Yours sincerely, HIGHRESAUDIO
- Nikolai Rimski-Korsakow (1844-1908): Capriccio Espagnol, Op.34
- 11. Alborada01:12
- 22. Variazioni04:40
- 33. Alborada01:13
- 44. Scena e canto gitano05:00
- 55. Fandango asturiano03:22
- The Golden Cockerel / Suite (Le coq d'or) - Arr. by A. Glazunov (1865-1936) and M. Shteynberg (1883-1946)
- 61. Tsar Dodon in his Palace09:05
- 72. Tsar Dodon on Campaign04:09
- 83. Tsar Dodon as Guest of the Queen of Shemakha06:36
- 94. The Wedding and Lamentable End of Dodon06:12
- Russian Easter Festival, Overture, Op.36
- 10Russian Easter Festival, Overture, Op.3615:20
- Alexander Borodin (1833–1887): Polovtsian Dances [Prince Igor]
- 11Polovtsian Dances [Prince Igor]11:23
Info for Rimsky-Korsakov: Le Coq D'Or, Russian Easter Overture
„This remaster reissue brings a noticeable improvement in clarity and presence over previous issues, as if a layer of gauze had been removed from the speakers, and it interestingly remains a more natural listening experience. The slightly (artificially?) increased dynamic range adds to the illusion of realism while also exposing the limitations of the 40-something-year-old tapes–mainly high-frequency saturation at the percussion-drenched opening of Capriccio espagnol.
The primary concern however, remains the music, and Antal Dorati’s vibrant, colorful performances, with stunning playing from the London Symphony Orchestra (the sweetly swooning strings in Le Coq d’Or; the brazen brass in the Russian Easter Overture; the gorgeous woodwinds in the Polovtsian Dances) should be reason enough to purchase this album. (Victor Carr Jr, ClassicsToday.com)
London Symphony Orchestra
London Symphony Orchestra Chorus
Antal Doráti, conductor
No albums found.
No biography found.