Emotions Gautier Capuçon
Label: Warner Classics
Subgenre: Chamber Music
Artist: Gautier Capuçon
Composer: Marguerite Monnot (1903-1961), Claude Debussy (1862-1918), Vittorio Monti (1868-1922), Antonín Dvorak (1841-1904), Max Richter (1966), Peter Iljitsch Tschaikowsky (1840-1893), Franz Schubert (1797-1828), Erik Satie (1866-1925), Gabriel Faure (1845-1924), Tomaso Albinoni (1671-1751), Leonard Cohen (1934-2016)
Album including Album cover Booklet (PDF)
Dear HIGHRESAUDIO Visitor,
due to territorial constraints and also different releases dates in each country you currently can`t purchase this album. We are updating our release dates twice a week. So, please feel free to check from time-to-time, if the album is available for your country.
We suggest, that you bookmark the album and use our Short List function.
Thank you for your understanding and patience.
Yours sincerely, HIGHRESAUDIO
- Marguerite Monnot (1903 - 1961):
- 1Monnot / Orch. Ducros: Hymne à l'amour03:41
- Claude Debussy (1862 - 1918):
- 2Debussy / Orch. Ducros: Suite bergamasque, CD 82, L. 75: III. Clair de lune04:53
- Vittorio Monti (1868 - 1922):
- 3Monti / Transcr. Capuçon, G: Csárdás04:51
- Antonín Dvořák (1841 - 1904):
- 4Dvorák: Rusalka, Op. 114, B. 203, Act I: Song to the Moon05:44
- Max Richter (b. 1966):
- 5Richter: The Leftovers: She Remembers03:34
- Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky (1840 - 1893):
- 6Tchaikovsky / Orch. Ducros: 6 Pieces, Op. 51: No. 6, Valse sentimentale01:56
- Franz Schubert (1797 - 1828):
- 7Schubert / Orch. Ducros: Ave Maria, Op. 52 No. 6, D. 83906:29
- Erik Satie (1866 - 1925):
- 8Satie / Orch. Ducros: Gymnopédie No. 102:52
- Gabriel Fauré (1845 - 1924):
- 9Fauré / Orch. Ducros: Pavane, Op. 5006:21
- Felix Mendelssohn (1809 - 1847):
- 10Mendelssohn: 6 Gesänge, Op. 34: No. 2, Auf Flügeln des Gesanges02:21
- Remo Giazotto (1910 - 1998), Tomaso Albinoni (1671 - 1751):
- 11Albinoni, Giazotto / Orch. Ducros: Adagio in G Minor08:55
- Leonard Cohen (1934 - 2016):
- 12Cohen / Orch. Ducros: Hallelujah03:01
- Ludovico Einaudi (b. 1955):
- 13Einaudi: Una mattina03:10
- Edward Elgar (1857 - 1934):
- 14Elgar / Orch. Ducros: Variations on an Original Theme, Op. 36 "Enigma": IX. Nimrod03:54
- Qigang Chen (b. 1951):
- 15Chen / Orch. Ducros: You and Me05:39
- Michael Nyman (b. 1944):
- 16Nyman: The Heart Asks Pleasure First03:39
- Astor Piazzolla (1921 - 1992):
- 17Piazzolla / Orch. Ducros: Oblivion03:43
- Scott Joplin (1868 - 1917):
- 18Joplin: The Entertainer02:50
Info for Emotions
"Emotions" recorded with Jérôme Ducros, the Orchestre de Chambre de Paris, and Adrien Perruchon.
Following from his 2018 release Intuition, Emotions is a collection of short pieces invoking the range and depth of human emotions. With composers ranging from Debussy and Dvorak, to Richter and Qigang Chen, to Leonard Cohen and Edith Piaf, each track has been especially chosen by Capuçon for its special meaning to him and the emotions they inspire: “ they all have a link with my story, my childhood, my life as a musician, as a regular man.” (Gautier Capuçon).
The album also features the choir Maîtrise Notre-Dame de Paris for a special arrangement of Schubert’s Ave Maria in honour of Notre Dame Cathedral. Capuçon felt so affected by the fire in 2019, he chose to include an homage in this deeply personal album.
Although conceived and recorded prior to the global pandemic, Emotions reflects what many have been feeling and experiencing during the recent months. In support and solidarity of community and music, Capuçon travelled across France throughout July and August 2020 performing repertoire from Emotions outdoors to local communities, in a tour he came to call ‘Un Ête en France.’
"If you’re going to present a compilation of sumptuous melodies that are an integral fixture of popular musical culture, the performances need to be flawlessly stylish. This beautifully recorded album has style to spare, along with elegance and well-honed expression. We are bathed in Gautier Capuçon’s honeyed cello tones and sensitive delivery of many well-loved melodies.
There is something here for everyone, from the sizzling paprika of Monti’s Csárdás, with prerequisite dazzling virtuosity, to the intense melancholy of Giazotto’s Adagio. Inevitably there are a few standout items, such as a wonderful rendition of Tchaikovsky’s Valse sentimentale, and an exquisite arrangement of Fauré’s Pavane. Some may feel that there is a plethora of reflective slow items in the programme. Nonetheless, Capuçon concludes this disc with a perky delivery of Joplin’s Entertainer, to send us on our foot-tapping way.
The skilful arrangements and orchestrations favour transparent textures that allow the range of Capuçon’s cello playing to shine. This is an album for friends who love listening to memorable encore pieces played with great sensitivity on the cello." (Joanne Talbot, The Strad)
Gautier Capucon, cello
Jérȏme Ducros, piano
La Maitrise Notre-Dame de Paris
Orchestre de Chambre de Paris
Adrien Perruchon, conductor
No biography found.