Arvo Pärt: The Symphonies NFM Wrocław Philharmonic & Tõnu Kaljuste
Dear HIGHRESAUDIO Visitor,
due to territorial constraints and also different releases dates in each country you currently can`t purchase this album. We are updating our release dates twice a week. So, please feel free to check from time-to-time, if the album is available for your country.
We suggest, that you bookmark the album and use our Short List function.
Thank you for your understanding and patience.
Yours sincerely, HIGHRESAUDIO
- Arvo Pärt (1935- ): Symphony No. 1 "Polyphonic"
- 1Symphony No. 1 "Polyphonic": 1. Canons11:18
- 2Symphony No. 1 "Polyphonic": 2. Prelude And Fugue07:57
- Symphony No. 2:
- 3Symphony No. 2: I03:37
- 4Symphony No. 2: II02:14
- 5Symphony No. 2: III04:47
- Symphony No. 3:
- 6Symphony No. 3: I06:29
- 7Symphony No. 3: II05:48
- 8Symphony No. 3: III08:06
- Symphony No. 4 "Los Angeles":
- 9Symphony No. 4 "Los Angeles": 1. Con sublimità. Marcando con maestà. Pacato09:14
- 10Symphony No. 4 "Los Angeles": 2. Affannoso. Un poco più affannato11:47
- 11Symphony No. 4 "Los Angeles": 3. Insistentemente. Con intimo sentimento Coda. Deciso08:08
Info for Arvo Pärt: The Symphonies
All four of Arvo Pärt’s symphonies, newly recorded with the NFM Wrocław Philharmonic under the direction of one of Pärt’s most trusted colleagues, Tõnu Kaljuste. Each of the symphonies, as the great Estonian composer has noted, is a world unto itself.
Heard in chronological order they also tell us much about Pärt’s musical and spiritual journey, and the very different ways in which he has exercised his craft. Forty-five years separate his Symphony No. 1 (“Polyphonic”) written in 1963 while he was still a student of Heino Eller, from his Symphony No. 4 (“Los Angeles”) written in 2008, by which time he was the world’s most widely-performed contemporary composer.
NFM Wrocław Philharmonic
Tõnu Kaljuste, conductor
No albums found.
No biography found.