A Jacqueline du Pré Recital (Remastered) Jacqueline du Pré
Label: Warner Classics
Subgenre: Chamber Music
Artist: Jacqueline du Pré
Composer: Maria Theresia von Paradis (1759-1824), Robert Schumann (1810-1856), Felix Mendelssohn Bartholdy (1809-1847), Gabriel Faure (1845-1924), Johann Sebastian Bach (1685-1750), Camille Saint-Saens (1835-1921), Manuel de Falla (1876-1946), Max Bruch (1838-1920)
Album including Album cover
Dear HIGHRESAUDIO Visitor,
due to territorial constraints and also different releases dates in each country you currently can`t purchase this album. We are updating our release dates twice a week. So, please feel free to check from time-to-time, if the album is available for your country.
We suggest, that you bookmark the album and use our Short List function.
Thank you for your understanding and patience.
Yours sincerely, HIGHRESAUDIO
- Maria Theresia von Paradis (1759 - 1824): Sicilienne:
- 1Paradis: Sicilienne (Arr. Dushkin for Cello and Piano)02:59
- Robert Schumann (1810 - 1856): Fantasiestücke, Op. 73:
- 2Schumann: Fantasiestücke, Op. 73: No. 1, Zart und mit Ausdruck03:10
- 3Schumann: Fantasiestücke, Op. 73: No. 2, Lebhaft, leicht03:17
- 4Schumann: Fantasiestücke, Op. 73: No. 3, Rasch und mit Feuer04:28
- Felix Mendelssohn (1809 - 1847): Song Without Words in D Major, Op. 109:
- 5Mendelssohn: Song Without Words in D Major, Op. 109, MWV Q3405:34
- Gabriel Fauré (1845 - 1924): Élégie in C Minor, Op. 24:
- 6Fauré: Élégie in C Minor, Op. 2406:42
- Johann Sebastian Bach (1685 - 1750): Sonata for Viola da Gamba No. 2 in D Major, BWV 1028:
- 7J.S. Bach: Sonata for Viola da Gamba No. 2 in D Major, BWV 1028: I. Adagio02:28
- 8J.S. Bach: Sonata for Viola da Gamba No. 2 in D Major, BWV 1028: II. Allegro02:08
- Toccata, Adagio and Fugue in C Major, BWV 564:
- 9J.S. Bach: Toccata, Adagio and Fugue in C Major, BWV 564: II. Adagio04:46
- Camille Saint-Saëns (1835 - 1921): Le Carnaval des animaux:
- 10Saint-Saëns: Le Carnaval des animaux: XIII. Le Cygne02:52
- Manuel de Falla (1876 - 1946): 7 Canciones populares españolas:
- 11Falla: 7 Canciones populares españolas: No. 4, Jota (Arr. Maréchal)03:33
- Max Bruch (1838 - 1920): Kol Nidrei, Op. 47:
- 12Bruch: Kol Nidrei, Op. 4710:28
Info for A Jacqueline du Pré Recital (Remastered)
“Jackie’s musical gift, cellistic prowess and personality were so inseparable that it made her probably one of the most unique musical personalities ever to perform on the stage,” says the great violinist Itzhak Perlman, who knew Jacqueline du Pré well. “Her ability to communicate her art to her audience was uncanny. Besides her flawless and effortless technique, her command of an enormous array of colours was quite phenomenal.” Perlman’s words are borne out by this recital of popular works, in which du Pré’s partners include guitarist John Williams and pianist Gerald Moore.
Jacqueline du Pre, cello
Gerald Moore, piano
Roy Jesson, organ
Ronald Kinloch Anderson, harpsichord
Osian Ellis, harp
John Williams, guitar
No albums found.
No biography found.
This album contains no booklet.