Tchaikovsky: String Quartet No. 1 in D Major, Op. 11 Gabrieli String Quartet
Dear HIGHRESAUDIO Visitor,
due to territorial constraints and also different releases dates in each country you currently can`t purchase this album. We are updating our release dates twice a week. So, please feel free to check from time-to-time, if the album is available for your country.
We suggest, that you bookmark the album and use our Short List function.
Thank you for your understanding and patience.
Yours sincerely, HIGHRESAUDIO
- Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky (1840 - 1893): String Quartet No. 1 in D Major, Op. 11, TH 111:
- 1String Quartet No. 1 in D Major, Op. 11, TH 111: I. Moderato e semplice10:41
- 2String Quartet No. 1 in D Major, Op. 11, TH 111: II. Andante cantabile06:31
- 3String Quartet No. 1 in D Major, Op. 11, TH 111: III. Scherzo. Allegro non tanto e con fuoco03:53
- 4String Quartet No. 1 in D Major, Op. 11, TH 111: IV. Finale. Allegro giusto06:43
Info for Tchaikovsky: String Quartet No. 1 in D Major, Op. 11
Tchaikovsky’s First Quartet, Borodin’s Second and Shostakovich’s Eighth are three of the finest quartets in the Russian repertory. They reveal that Russian composers were hardly less at home in the relatively private medium of the string quartet than when writing for the more spectacular full symphony orchestra. Both, the Tchaikovsky and the Borodin have received fame beyond the originals for their slow movements – the Tchaikovsky for its ‘Andante cantabile’ movement, the Borodin for its ‘nocturne’. The Gabrielis were one of the first ensemble to make stereo recordings of all three quartets and the Borodins’ 1962 recording (their original line-up) of the Borodin and Shostakovich quartets is one of the great chamber music recordings of all time.
“a magnificent album which I enjoyed very much […] the sound quality is as splendid as the playing” (Gramophone)
“we were impressed by the beautifully natural and well blended sound that producer Richard Beswick and balance engineers Kenneth Wilkinson and Stanley Goodall have obtained” (Gramophone)
Gabrieli String Quartet
No biography found.
This album contains no booklet.