Sergei Rachmaninoff: Vespers (All-Night Vigil), Op. 37 Saint Thomas Choir of Men and Boys
- Sergei Rachmaninow (1873-1943): Vespers (All-Night Vigil), Op. 37
- 1I. Come, let us worship02:43
- 2II. Praise the Lord, O my soul05:32
- 3III. Blessed is the man05:04
- 4IV. Hail, gladdening light03:36
- 5V. Lord, now lettest thy servant depart in peace03:28
- 6VI. Rejoice, O virgin mother of God02:48
- 7VII. Glory be to God on high02:46
- 8VIII. O praise the name of the Lord02:04
- 9IX. Blessed art thou, O Lord05:35
- 10X. The Resurrection of Christ03:24
- 11XI. My soul doth magnify the Lord07:50
- 12XII. Glory be to God on high07:25
- 13XIII. Today is salvation come unto the world01:31
- 14XIV. Thou didst rise from the tomb02:48
- 15XV. To Thee, our leader in battle01:39
Info for Sergei Rachmaninoff: Vespers (All-Night Vigil), Op. 37
Resonus Classics is pleased to present the first in a series of six recordings from the internationally renowned Saint Thomas Choir of Men & Boys and their late and celebrated director John Scott.
Made over the course of Scott’s tenure with the choir, and released commercially for the first time, the series begins with an inspiring and striking reading of Rachmaninoff’s Vespers (All-Night Vigil), Op. 37.
Complete with soloists Ory Brown (mezzo soprano) and David Vanderwal (tenor), Scott makes full use of the impressive resources of this much-lauded New York choir to transport the listener right to the very heart of this atmospheric and deeply powerful music.
Saint Thomas Choir of Men & Boys
Fifth Avenue, New York
John Scott, conductor
No albums found.
No biography found.