Disco Grace Jones
Dear HIGHRESAUDIO Visitor,
due to territorial constraints and also different releases dates in each country you currently can`t purchase this album. We are updating our release dates twice a week. So, please feel free to check from time-to-time, if the album is available for your country.
We suggest, that you bookmark the album and use our Short List function.
Thank you for your understanding and patience.
Yours sincerely, HIGHRESAUDIO
- 1Send In The Clowns07:33
- 2What I Did For Love05:15
- 4La Vie En Rose07:28
- 6That's The Trouble03:38
- 7I Need A Man03:25
- 8Sorry (Bonus / Disco Mix)06:45
- 9That's The Trouble (Bonus / Disco Mix)07:02
- 10I Need A Man (Bonus / 12 inch Version)07:37
- 11I Need A Man (Bonus / Instrumental Version)04:57
- 12Sorry (Bonus / Instrumental Version)04:47
- 13That's The Trouble (Bonus / Instrumental Version)03:53
- 14La Vie En Rose (Bonus / Instrumental Version)07:26
- 15Do Or Die06:43
- 18Autumn Leaves07:03
- 19All On A Summers Night04:18
- 20Am I Ever Gonna Fall In Love In New York City05:31
- 21Below The Belt04:45
- 22Do Or Die (Bonus / Disco Version)06:16
- 23Comme Un Oiseau Qui S'Envole (Bonus / 12 inch Version)04:30
- 24Anema E Core (Bonus / Long Version)05:04
- 25Do Or Die (Bonus / Instrumental)06:24
- 26Comme Un Oiseau Qui S'Envole (Bonus / Instrumental)04:32
- 27Am I Ever Gonna Fall In Love In New York City (Bonus / Instrumental)05:30
- 28Anema E Core (Bonus / Instrumental)04:28
- 31Repentance (Forgive Me)03:51
- 33Atlantic City Gambler05:48
- 34I'll Find My Way To You05:16
- 35Don't Mess With The Messer04:52
- 36On Your Knees06:30
- 37Don't Mess With The Messer (Bonus / 12 inch Version)06:30
- 38La Vie En Rose (Bonus / Short Version)03:35
- 39Do Or Die (Bonus / 7 inch Version)03:24
- 40Comme Un Oiseau Qui S'Envole (Bonus / 7 inch Version)03:10
- 41Am I Ever Gonna Fall In Love In New York City (Bonus / 7 inch Version)03:31
- 42On Your Knees (Bonus / Edit)03:49
- 43Don't Mess With The Messer (Bonus / Single Version)04:09
Info for Disco
The Jamaican model turned pop icon was a pivotal figure in the downtown NYC scene of the late '70s, hosting the 1977 Studio 54 party to which Bernard Edwards and Nile Rodgers were famously denied entrance. (They would use the unexpected free time to write 'Le Freak'). The father of the disco mix, Tom Moulton, was on production reins for the first three records, Portfolio, Fame and Muse, which were recorded at Sigma Sound in Philadelphia, home to Philadelphia International Records and birthplace of the warm 'Philly Sound.'
Though aficionados often refer to Jones' '80-82 Compass Point sessions as her most fertile creative period, the initial trilogy, full of campy disco, comes with its fair share of hits, such as her cover of 'La Vie En Rose,' which appears on „Portfolio“.
Born in Jamaica in 1948, Grace Jones became an icon of modern music with a pioneering electronic pop sound and an inimitable style. The singer and actress started out as a model, regularly appearing at the New York City nightclub Studio 54, before securing a record deal with Island Records in 1977, which resulted in a string of dance-club hits.
In the late 1970s, she adapted the emerging electronic music style and adopted a severe, androgynous look. Many of her singles were hits on Billboard’s Hot Dance Club Play and Hot Dance Airplay charts and Jones was also able to find mainstream success in Europe, particularly the United Kingdom. Her most notable albums are Warm Leatherette, Nightclubbing and Slave to the Rhythm, with big hits including “Pull Up to the Bumper”, “I’ve Seen That Face Before (Libertango)”, “Private Life”, “Slave to the Rhythm” and “I’m Not Perfect (But I’m Perfect for You)”.
An icon of modern music, Jones has since also acted and featured in a series of fashion and photography projects, not least for The Vinyl Factory in collaboration with groundbreaking light artist Chris Levine.
While she enjoyed her greatest success in the late 70′s and 80’s, Jones continues to write and perform, collaborating with artists and musicians, and is recognized as one of the most important and influential figures in the history of pop music.
This album contains no booklet.