Gandolfi, Prior & Oliverio: Orchestral Works Robert Spano & Atlanta Symphony Orchestra
- Michael Gandolfi (b. 1956): Imaginary Numbers:
- 1Imaginary Numbers: I. Sky and Water07:39
- 2Imaginary Numbers: II. Duetti misteriosi05:39
- 3Imaginary Numbers: III. Hymn of the Five Suns05:03
- 4Imaginary Numbers: IV. Mandelbrot’s Scherzo06:17
- Richard Prior (1940 -- 2005):
- 5Of Shadow and Light15:35
- James Oliverio: Double Timpani Concerto "Dynasty":
- 6Double Timpani Concerto "Dynasty": I. Impetuous03:35
- 7Double Timpani Concerto "Dynasty": II. Naïveté04:56
- 8Double Timpani Concerto "Dynasty": III. Interlude07:25
- 9Double Timpani Concerto "Dynasty": IV. Ancestors Within05:45
- 10Double Timpani Concerto "Dynasty": V. Destiny09:39
Info for Gandolfi, Prior & Oliverio: Orchestral Works
Featuring works by three composers who have a special relationship with the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra, ASO Media’s latest release is a celebration of both the Orchestra’s 75th anniversary and the two-decade tenure of its fourth music director, Robert Spano. The album captures the collaborative nature of Spano and the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra, who established the “Atlanta School” to champion the next generation of American composers. The recording is comprised of studio recordings of Michael Gandolfi’s quadruple concerto Imaginary Numbers, Richard Prior’s lyrical tone poem …of shadow and light… and James Oliverio’s DYNASTY: Double Timpani Concerto, which was commissioned by and written for ASO principal timpanist Mark Yancich and his brother Paul Yancich, principal timpanist of the Cleveland Orchestra.
Atlanta Symphony Orchestra
Robert Spano, conductor
No albums found.
No biography found.
This album contains no booklet.