Vladimir Horowitz in Recital at Yale University, New Haven, November 3, 1968 Vladimir Horowitz
Dear HIGHRESAUDIO Visitor,
due to territorial constraints and also different releases dates in each country you currently can`t purchase this album. We are updating our release dates twice a week. So, please feel free to check from time-to-time, if the album is available for your country.
We suggest, that you bookmark the album and use our Short List function.
Thank you for your understanding and patience.
Yours sincerely, HIGHRESAUDIO
- Not Applicable: Opening Applause to Horowitz Recital of November 3, 1968
- 1Opening Applause to Horowitz Recital of November 3, 196800:34
- Joseph Haydn (1732-1809): Keyboard Sonata in C Major, Hob.XVI:48
- 2I. Andante con espressione08:15
- 3II. Rondo - Presto03:59
- Robert Schumann (1810-1856): Kreisleriana, Op. 16
- 4No. 1, Äußerst bewegt02:45
- 5No. 2, Sehr innig und nicht zu rasch07:28
- 6No. 3, Sehr aufgeregt03:36
- 7No. 4, Sehr langsam03:27
- 8No. 5, Sehr lebhaft03:14
- 9No. 6, Sehr langsam03:53
- 10No. 7, Sehr rasch02:14
- 11No. 8, Schnell und spielend04:30
- Not Applicable: Post Intermission Applause to Horowitz Recital of November 3, 1968
- 12Post Intermission Applause to Horowitz Recital of November 3, 196800:15
- Sergei Rachmaninow (1873-1943): 13 Preludes, Op. 32
- 13No. 12 in G-Sharp Minor03:01
- Moments musicaux, Op. 16
- 14No. 3 in B Minor06:41
- Piano Sonata No. 2, Op. 36
- 15I. Allegro agitato08:22
- 16II. Non allegro - Lento06:06
- 17III. L'istesso tempo - Allegro molto06:31
- Frédéric Chopin (1810-1849): Waltzes, Op. 64
- 18No. 2 in C-Sharp Minor04:10
- Franz Liszt (1811-1886): Années de pèlerinage I, S. 160
- 19No. 4, Au bord d'une source04:23
- Schumann: Kinderszenen, Op. 15
- 20No. 7, Träumerei02:55
- Moritz Moszkowski (1854-1925): 15 Etudes de Virtuosité, Op. 72
- 21No. 6 in F Major02:32
Info for Vladimir Horowitz in Recital at Yale University, New Haven, November 3, 1968
After the overwhelming success of Vladimir Horowitz live at Carnegie Hall, Sony Classical presents Vladimir Horowitz: The Unreleased Live Recordings. This edition takes you on tour with the legendary pianist from his home town of New York to the great halls of the USA, from New Haven to Chicago, Washington D.C., Philadelphia, Boston and beyond.
2015 marks a half-century since Vladimir Horowitz's return to the concert stage on May 9, 1965 after a twelve-year absence, reaffirming his status as an iconic pianist who mesmerized audiences and fellow musicians alike throughout his long and turbulent career.
Every time Horowitz walked on stage, a palpable sense of anticipation and excitement filled the air. His singular virtuosity, bottomless palette of colors and nuances, and ability to gauge the acoustics of a hall for maximum impact created a communicative bond between himself and his public that made every performance unique from moment to moment, and he never played a piece the same way twice. Whenever possible, Columbia and RCA taped Horowitz in concert. The recordings provided the basis for commercial releases approved by the pianist during his lifetime. These recitals have now been painstakingly restored to their complete, unedited state from the best possible source material. Most of the original tapes were stored, untouched in Sony's Iron Mountain archives, and sound as vibrant and lifelike as they did to those lucky audience members fortunate enough to be present.
This new edition presents Vladimir Horowitz’s musical artistry, live and unedited in state-of-the art 96 KHz mastering.
Vladimir Horowitz, piano
No biography found.
This album contains no booklet.